Monday, September 20, 2010

Beyond Busy!


I am so sorry I have been behind in posting but I have honestly not had a moment or if I did, I was too tired to get to it.  I hope I can keep my eyes open long enough to catch you all up on our busy, busy, busy last two weeks.


Pat, Tasha and London left on Tuesday September 7th.  The day before they left we took a day trip up to one of our favorite places to visit.....Idar-Oberstien.  It's the place with the Felsenkirche or church in the rock.  I have blogged about it previously.


  We hiked right up to the church and even managed to time it just right again.  The bells were ringing 11:00 o'clock as we stood out on the little balcony beside the church.  I know you are probably tired of me telling you how much I LOVE the sound of church bells here in Germany.


Then we hiked up to the two castles.  London thought the one that only has a tower left standing was Rapunzel's tower.  She did an amazing job again of hiking and stair climbing.   She's a very good little Volksmarcher (hiker).


After our hike we had a nice Italian lunch out on the town square and then had some yummy ice cream in our favorite little eis cafe.   Sorry I didn't take any pictures...WHAT was I thinking??


It was pretty sad the next day when they had to leave.  We really, really enjoyed their visit and hope they can come back again.  


Then on Thursday...if the house wasn't lonely enough....Mike left for his four month deployment to Qatar.  Although he has been on many of these deployments over the course of his career and our marriage, it never seems to get any easier.  Travis and I are missing him tons already!
He's doing great and even sent some picutres....here they are!


It's way over a hundred degrees!
his room...I don't think he shares it...just two beds.
after work hang out
american fast food...even in Qatar!


We barely caught our breath over the weekend and then found out that early morning seminary at the high school was being nixed.  The new base chaplain found a rule that said if your organization has a place to meet OFF base, then you are not allowed to meet anywhere ON base.   They decided for now we will have to meet at the church which is 25 minutes away.  We are in a carpool but whoever drives has to stay at the church and then drive them back here to school.  It's an hour difference in wake up time, so Travis and I are pretty tired from getting up at 5:00 a.m. all week last week and again today. 


Now add on to that the biggest event of the year at Ramstein...The ROSC Bazaar!!
I volunteered long ago and was so excited about it.  My friend, Karma, worked at it last year and so I knew I was signing on for a week long haul of long hours and hard work.  
I just didn't know Mike would be gone, Seminary would be at the church, I would get sick with a cold, AND that my cute boy, Scott would be popping in for a visit.  AAARRRGHHH!    So much to do that there really needed to be two of me!


Hangar girls...me and Karma
Anyway, I worked the bazaar and it was great.  The bazaar is held on the flight line in two huge hangars and a huge tent.  Karma was the tent manager and I was her assistant :)


Our tent
Funnel cake..Mmmmm!
Flight line Food Court.
Clockmaker Gunter and his wife.
We spent two full days checking in the 26 vendors in our tent. Then the bazaar itself lasted for four days.         We were there pretty much the whole time (whenever the vendors were there).  There were over 130 vendors in all.  It's the biggest bazaar in this whole area.  The vendors come from all over Europe and some from the middle east as well.  So much fantastic stuff from antiques to cheese to jewelry to nutcrackers to clocks etc..etc..  I was like a kid in a candy shop...no joke!!


At the ribbon cutting ceremony.


Scott with an adoring fan.
The bad part was that when Scott arrived on Friday, I was neck deep in bazaar work and wasn't able to spend hardly any time at all with him.  He and Travis hung out the whole time.  I know they were bored stiff.  They did spend one day on base and at the bazaar and it was so funny when I got talking to this young security gal about Scott and she realized who he was and that he was "Plamer" from Nitro Circus.  She wanted to know if he would take a picture with her.  Of course he did and she loved it!!   


I took Scott to the train station this morning and then accidentally locked myself out of the house and had to wait for Travis to get home from school to find the hidden key that was hidden so well I couldn't find it and now I am actually sitting down....the house is quiet....too quiet...and I'm feeling a bit drowsy....ZZZZzzzzzzz!


love and miss you all,
corri

No comments:

Post a Comment