Sunday, November 13, 2011

We can't dream this stuff up...or did we??

We are about to enter our third winter here in Germany.  Fall has about gasped it's last gasp.  The leaves are almost all on the ground waiting to be raked up and taken away.  Travis got most of the apple tree leaves raked up this week and our can was full to the brim, so being the nice guy he is....he told the neighbor kids they could come and jump in and scatter the last pile.  They were thrilled and had a ball for an hour doing what kids love to do in a big pile of fall leaves!





I never would have dreamed that Germany had such short daylight hours for so many months of the year.  We are already completely dark at 5 p.m. and the sky starts getting light around 7:30.  That is just the beginning...it will get worse before it gets better. 

Travis and Mike made their ski dreams come true by skiing in Austria this week.  Skiing two week before Thanksgiving...in the alps...who dreams this stuff up??   My ski crazy boys!!
Sölden, Austia-Photo Op

On the T-bar lift

Photo of one happy guy.

Suspended observation deck

This tunnel goes from one part of the resort to another...through the mountain!


The next blog you read will be in December.  It will be full of photos of far away places that I've never even dreamed of seeing.   Yes, I knew when we came here that I would probably get to see Paris, Berlin, Rome and maybe London.  But I really never imagined in my wildest dreams that I would get to see Jerusalem, Capernaum, the Sea of Galilee...the Holy Lands!

Sometimes..actually, almost daily, I ask someone to pinch me.  We are so blessed and we are trying so hard to make hay while the sun shines...these opportunities will not last forever.  So until next time. 

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other."        
                                                                           -Douglas H. Everett
Love and miss you all,
-corri 

No comments:

Post a Comment