NO...really I just figured I subject you all to enough of what we've been up to by writing this blog every week. I hope you all don't mind not having a card to hang up on your door, or a newsy newsletter to read.
We have had a slow week. It's been very nice.
Weather report: There has been quite a bit of snow, in fact we got about 4 inches today. The temperatures have been COLD! After bragging about what nice weather we have had, it turned bad with a vengeance! I am glad it waited until the day Casey left.
Mike and Travis did a great job of stacking it all up next to the shed. Stacking wood is an art here and they take great pride not only in how functional it is, but how pretty it looks. Not too bad for Americans, huh?
Today was our Christmas program in Sacrament meeting. I had to give a 5 minute talk and then there was lots of pretty music from the choir and another 10 minute talk. But the real fun part of today was when I got to go in and help in primary by just sitting with a class during sharing time. I think someone heard me mention how much I was missing my grandkiddies during my talk.
I think I have mentioned before that we have a huge primary. There are over 50 kids in junior primary and it's held in a very small room. Remember these are kids ranging in age from 3-8 and it's the week of Christmas. Need I say more...total chaos. All of the teachers were in a special training meeting. I sat down among a row of girls about 6 years old. One was hanging on the room divider doing tricks and another one was looking very sad and teary. After a while, a lady from the back of the room came up and physically made the divider hanger (Anna) let go. I leaned over and gave her a little hug and from then on she woudn't let go of me. She fluffed my hair, held my hands, sat in my lap, laid across me, played with my earrings and told me I had a beautiful face. I love her! I kept trying to cheer up the other girl as well, but she was still pretty sad. I looked around the room and there was a boy dancing on his chair, a girl up front who had somehow found a tube of lipstick from someone's purse and was attempting to put it on. I was cracking up so hard. Oh and then that lady from the back showed up and took the lipstick away...party pooper! It was hilarious and I had so much fun :)
Well here is a picture of our lovely Christmas tree. I have so regretted not sending over any of our decorations. I somehow even forgot to get our stockings and Travis' ornament collection. I did buy a few things, but it's a pretty simple Christmas here. I kind of like it. It has been very peaceful and cozy. It has given me a chance to really focus on what this season means to me. Having to prepare a talk on gratitude really helps, too. Speaking of gratitude...
I am so grateful for so many things, especially this time of year.
I am thankful for family. You are what I live for.
I am thankful for friends. You are the spice in my life!
I am thankful for freedom. It's been paid for with the blood of patriots and I will never forget that.
I am thankful for the greatest gift of all. My Savior.
Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas from our house to yours!
Frohe Weihnachten!
Love, Mike, Corri and Travis

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. Gotta love the little ones!
ReplyDeleteAt least you have a tree. Not sure we'll have one this year. I looked for a tree stand at the BX and of course there weren't any. Just like I should have bought a snow shovel the other day when I saw two people carrying them around in the BX. Now they will be gone!
Love your Advent candles. I had one in my hands at the BX a couple of days ago but decided I had no where to put it. Plus it was 220V, if you can believe it, and I didn't want to deal with changing it out when I got home.
Keep up the good work on your blog. I'm plugging away at mine.