We bought a grill a couple of weeks ago and used it for the first time tonight. It's been a long time since we had a grilled steak and oh boy was it GOOD!! Then we went for a walk in our "backyard" to work some of it off. The only bad thing about all this fabulous weather...is it comes with bugs. Travis doesn't like bugs but I think it's a good trade off at this point. Ask me again at the end of summer...I may have changed my mind by then.
This week's cooking class was on jam making and we made three kinds of jam and some whole grain rolls (brötchen) to put our jam on. It was delicious! I will be making homemade jam from now on. It's much easier the German way.
Josh, Chris and Travis on the castle wall.
I found an old cookie mold and my big treasure was a very old leaded glass window with rose colored glass. It's actually a window set...three windows in one frame. The two lower windows open up and the one on top is fixed. I have NO idea what I am going to do with it, but you just wait for the "after picture", I am sure I will think of the perfect place for it.
Our neighbors had a HUGE beehive in their very tall pine tree and needed to get it down. First they sprayed water at it and made the bees very mad, then the waited about an hour and did it again and made the bees very, very mad. Then about an hour later, I say a big ladder go up in the air next to the tree and then a guy in beekeeper attire, climbed up the ladder with a big bag and cut the hive down and put it in his bag. It was the only excitement on an otherwise boring day....doesn't take much to entertain me, does it??
And finally....Most of you probably know our dog Max had to be put to sleep on Tuesday. He had been staying at Pat and Donna's and poor Donna and Nick had to be the ones to take him in and hold him as he went to sleep. Max has been a part of our family for twelve years and we will miss him always. He was a cute, spoiled, sweetheart of a dog but he gave new meaning to the term "dog breath". Thanks to everyone who has sent us messages of support. For some it may seem silly to mourn a dog but they just never had a dog like Max :)love and miss you all
-corri

No comments:
Post a Comment