Sunday, August 1, 2010

Stateside once again!!



Travis and I have been having a most wonderful time visiting family and friends in Boise for the last two weeks. (I started this blog on the 27th but I didn't get it completed until today, Aug. 1st.)
It started off a bit rough. Weather delays forced us to circle around JFK for almost an hour due to bad weather but we were so happy to land and get the VIP treatment.  Son Scott, without telling us, had set up through a friend of his to have us met when we got off the plane and personally escorted through baggage claim, customs, and baggage re-check.  She then escorted us to a special area to wait for Scott and Emma to come and meet us.  It was really fun and we felt like celebrities!
We had a really nice dinner with Scott and Emma and it was so good to see Scott and meet Emma.  She is just so cute and friendly!  Then we joined the hundreds of others who were stuck waiting for delayed planes.  Our flight was delayed about an hour.


When we finally arrived at Salt Lake City, we had another surprise....my dear old dad had come out to meet us at midnight.  It was so good to see him, too!
I went to pick up my rental and found out that they didn't have any cars left!  I had never heard of such a thing and they offered no help or compensation...I was steaming mad!   We were so lucky my dad was there and he gave us a ride back to the RV park where he and mom were staying in their brand new 5th wheeler.  


 The next morning they changed their plans just for us and drove us up to Boise, found and RV park there and just camped out for this whole two weeks.  It was wonderful to get to spend so all that time visiting and catching up as we drove.   The next day I ended up renting a car in Boise and it all worked out, but I'm not using Budget again!


When we arrived in Boise we began checking off all the things on our lists of "to do's"


1. See the kids and grandkids....
























Doing crafts with Palmer, Ellie and Dallin


                                           Enjoying the Boise River with London


2. Help with a Fundraiser at Pat and Donna's...



3.  Sunday Family Dinner...





4. Eating and shopping at all of our favorite places. ...

We had a great time stuffing ourselves at the places we have missed eating at like Casa Mexio, Smokey Mountain Pizza, Rembrandt's, Panda Express, Wendy's, Beto's etc... etc...

I also shopped like crazy...craft stores, the mall, Target, Deseret Book, Savers etc.....etc.....

We were busy almost every moment.  Travis had sooooo much fun with his cousins, Nick and Chay and with all of his old posse.  They bridge jumped in Horseshoe Bend, swam in the Boise River, went to movies, played video games and basically just hung out like last summer.  It was so good to see them all together again.  They are all great kids and turning into some awesome fine young men!    

Jake, Collin, Brandon, Travis and Ben

All too soon, our time in Boise was over.  I wish I had more time to visit with my amazing kids, Codi and Pat  and with my sisters in law, Donna and Leslie and my sweet mom in law, Vella.  
I did get to drive up to the cabin with dad and Vella, attend my old ward twice and see most of my friends.  The last evening was spent at Merrill park with Codi, Tasha and all four of the grandkiddies.   It was a great visit!

After our time in Boise, we drove back to SLC and stopped at Lagoon.  We met up with my mom and dad, Pat, Tasha and London, my sis in law, Marci and my nieces, Madi and Kalli.  It was really hot but we had the best time.  It was London's first trip to Lagoon and she LOVED all the rides.  She was so cute!!






After Lagoon, we spent the next two days down at mom and dad's in Alpine. We had a barbque with my brothers Rick (and family) and Casey and son, Cade drove down from Jackson Hole with his girlfriend, Becca just for a day so they could see us.  He looked great and Becca is adorable.  I am so grateful they drove all that way to visit...it was so good to see them!



The last night we went out to Texas Roadhouse to celebrate my birthday a day early.  

We got up early, early the next morning and dad drove us to the airport for our long trip back to Germany.  When we got off the plane for a layover at JFK, we were again met by an airport agent who whisked us off to the Delta Sky Club where we were treated like royalty and even given upgraded boarding passes.  We were thinking "what has Scott done now?"  and sure enough when we got on the plane, we were directed up to business class and Travis and I flew that long 8 hour leg in total comfort and luxury!!   I don't think Travis settled down for over an hour...he spent the whole time just exploring his 27 position seat, his little complimentary toiletry bag, the personal T.V. set, the dinner menu and more.  
I don't know how you do it, Scotty...but it was a very, very nice surprise birthday present for your mama!


(and your little brother...Zzzzzzzzz!)

What a great summer vacation.  It would have been so much more fun if Mike had been able to come....hopefully he will get a chance to go visit before he deploys in September.  
Thanks to everyone who made our visit so wonderful...we love and miss you ALL!
corri




No comments:

Post a Comment