Sunday, October 10, 2010

Happy Feet!?

I am feeling a bit sad as I write this blog.  I was hoping to add some fabulous photos of Metz, France, but the day trip with the Relief Society ladies got postponed.  


But both Travis and I had "happy feet" this week.  My happy feet took me to some of my happy places: cooking class, german class, stamping group, flea markets and flower patches.  Travis just bought his happy feet, but more on that later in the blog.  






My cooking class was actually a baking class this week.  We made three desserts.  They were all right, but I probably won't make any of them again at home.  They were a bit dry, and as per usual here in Germany, not sweet.  They LOOK sweet, but they aren't!
It's always fun to go and watch Karin work her magic in the kitchen, even if I'm not crazy about a recipe.  It's always a social time, too...lots of visiting and chatting with the other class members. Especially this time...Karma, Missy and Karrie were all there...FUN!


On our way home from a stamping get together, Karma and I decided to stop at one of the many fields of flowers around here that are "Pick and Pay".   I've been wanting to do this for the last couple of months, but I never had any scissors or cutters with me.  Now I know that most of them already have some knives there.  They plant these fields of flowers and then put out a payment can with a price of the flowers.  You pick and then put your payment in the can. The honor system....I love it!




Karma...translation in progress!
among the glads
 The field had lots of gladiolas and sunflowers.  We tried to figure out the sign and even got out the dictionary to look up a few words we didn't know.

schnitt Blumen!
I spent about 10 euro and got a huge bunch of flowers that I hurried home and put in water and now they look lovely on my dining room table.  Flowers REALLY make me happy!


Entrance to the Ramstein Flea Market

Heisse Shokolade and Kuchen.
On Saturday, when Metz got cancelled,  I had to call my always reliable sidekick, Karma, who is always so willing to keep me busy so I don't miss Mikey too much.  We jumped in the mini and went to the Ramstein Flea Market.  I love Flea Markets, as you know and this one is indoors and has lots of fun stuff.  I am looking for a few certain items but I am so dang picky, that I didn't actually buy anthing, but looking is ninety five percent of the fun anyway.  That, and getting some yummy treats!








Last but not least....I didn't want to get to the "feet" until the very last thing.
Travis gets an allowance.  He always wants to save up for big things like computers, fancy phones, motorcycles, cars etc....    Unfortunately, money burns a hole in his pocket and he rarely gets more than a month or two saved up.  This month the "shiny object"  that caught his eye was a pair of Five finger shoes.  Yep!   That's what I said...Five Finger shoes :)
Happy Feet!
They are like being barefoot and supposedly are very good for your feet and your posture (and they look really cool!)  We took a photo just to show you how cool they are.


My happy feet are doing the happy dance because only 3 more days until Donna, Cindy and Gigi arrive here in Germany for a week long visit!!   Oh the places we'll go and things we'll see, huh girls??   I can't wait!!


This was birthday week for Mike and his mom, Vella.  Happy Birthday, you two!  


love and miss you all,
corri

No comments:

Post a Comment