Monday, October 25, 2010

Snippets of Stuff

I have been gnashing my teeth and tearing my hair out....well almost anyway!  My sweet tempered little macbook is having some serious issues this week.  I can't figure it out and so blogging has been challenging.  I tried to start yesterday, got totally frustrated and after another try this morning and once more giving up,  I am at it again for the third time.  I will muddle through somehow.  It actually was a good week for the computer to act up because there wasn't a lot going on this week.


Daughter, Codi and son, Cade paragliding in Draper UT
Granddaughter, Ellie and grandson, Dallin
My darling daughter sent me a few photos I really want to add even though they are not here in Germany.  With Mike gone and no more visitors until the 10th of November, getting pictures of the kids and grandkids is the highlight of my week! 
Grandson, Palmer..flag football
Travis had a chance to go riding a couple of weeks ago.  His friend, Josh invited him to go with his dad and little brother.  Travis was thrilled!  It had been over a year since he'd been on a bike and he has really missed it.  The motorcycle he rode is for sale and he would really like to buy it.....just one little problem...remember the five finger toe shoes???  Yep, NO money!
Josh, Travis and the coveted bike!



The only other news this week was that it was homecoming for Ramstein American High School!!   It's a little different here.  For the big homecoming dance, it was perfectly normal to go single as well as going as a couple.  Travis was excited because that meant that even though he's not quite old enough to date, he could still go to homecoming with his pack of friends.  They spent the day at the football game and then came home to get all spiffied up. 


Travis...he's getting so tall!   
 They all met over at a friends house for some food and Karaoke before going to the Armstrong Club on Vogelweh for the dance.
They all had a fun and memorable time.


That is about it for this week.  I guess I will add a weather and ag report.  I know how much my dad appreciates those!


Weather report:  It's been cold and I have had to scrape windows twice now.  Some rain and some sunshine.  I had to build a fire in the fireplace Friday night.  I think winter is coming early.


Ag report:  It's interesting and I should have taken some pics but  the fields are either turned over for winter or newly planted with winter crops.  They look so pretty...some earthy brown and some bright green with newly sprouted plants.  I'm not sure of everything they grow here in the winter, but I do know they grow Feldsalat, which is a type of lettuce that grows in little clumps of clover shaped leaves and it's yummy!   ( I knew I could work food into this blog somehow!)


I will take more pictures this week...after all...it is Halloween week!  Have a spooky one!


love and miss you all,
-corri

No comments:

Post a Comment