| Looking up our street |
Let me back up on this week. First of all...we finally have a Christmas tree and it's a humdinger!
(that means a real doozie for those of you in Rio Linda, as Rush would say)
Between the snow, red road conditions, a small car (it's not called a mini for nothing), and the odd hours that the tree lot is open, I finally broke down and bought a small pre-lit fake tree. I kind of like it! It is so small that it looks like we have lots of ornaments on it. It has colored lights, which Travis really likes and they remind me of the "kid tree" my kids always put their ornaments on. I may even leave it up until Mike gets home!
Speaking of Mike, he sent me a couple of pictures to include in this week's blog. When I talked to him yesterday after shoveling snow for an hour, he was quick to mention it was 85 degrees where he is and he'd just finished swimming at the pool! Funny guy, my husband.
The young men and young women went ice skating for their activity this week. The skating rink was down by the church, so we met at the church and then walked about ten minutes over to the rink. Last year it was by the Kaiserslautern Christmas market in a big tent, but this year it was at the Gartenshau in a very nice indoor location. We had about 50 youth attend and I'm sure they felt very overwhelmed by so many. The kids had a great time and I really went just to take pictures but after only taking three pictures my battery went dead in my camera and I didn't have my extra with me. I was so sad, but at least I got a few pics. I had not seen Travis skate since he was quite a bit younger. I had NO idea he was such a pro! He really does know how to ice skate. Is there anything that kid can't do?? OH yeah...shovel the walks and driveway...I knew there was something.
Friday was supposed to be the last day of school before Christmas break. Can you say "Snow Day" once again? Yesiree....school was cancelled and you could hear the children roar with approval across the KMC....what a way to start off Christmas break!!!
Travis got to go sledding with his friend, Josh's family on Friday afternoon. He had fun but he is hyperventilating because he hasn't been skiing yet. I can't blame him, the snow is incredible!!
| Good morning, Sun! |
| The patio table with 10 inches on it! |
| The neighbors building a snow man in our shared backyard. |
| running out of places to put the snow |
| my poor little car...it's allergic to snowy autobahns :) |
Last night my friend Susan invited me over to watch "White Christmas" with her kids and some of their friends. I love that movie and I had a great time. It was snowing when I drove home and the song "Snow, snow, snow" kept running through my head. We will be having a white Christmas here for sure as we have snow in the forecast for the next four days. I love it if I don't feel pressured to HAVE to drive in it....it is really just so beautiful. Truly a winter wonderland.
I am looking forward to a week of baking, watching Christmas specials, reflecting on the birth of our Savior and enjoying the magic of the season. Next week will be a special Christmas Card blog that I hope to post on Christmas day, so until then I wish you a very Merry Christmas... May all your days be merry and bright!
love and miss you all,
-corri




No comments:
Post a Comment