Monday, February 28, 2011

Lovin' Life

Oh wow!   We have been busy, busy!  I just have to admit right here and now that I've been too busy to blog.  But that's all behind me now (snort!) and I have every intention of getting back to my normal weekly blog routine.


I love my life.  I have the best of both worlds and call them both home...Spesbach, Germany and Eagle, Idaho!


Since I last filled you in on our crazy and sometimes exciting life, Travis and I met Mike in Boise to spend a fast paced week in states.  I LOVE to go back home, see the kids and grandkids, the rest of the family and friends, go to church, shop, eat, have drinks with lots of ice in them, etc.. 


However, this trip we had to not only make time for all of that, but also do some house hunting.
No luck this trip, but we will keep our ear to the ground and we have a good scout watching the listings for us...thanks for all your help, Todd! 
My favorite one on Sun Valley Place


BUT... the main reason we went in the first place....was to attend our son, Scott's marriage ceremony.  He has been with a darling and sweet lady named Emma for a couple of years now and they totally surprised us when they skyped us to tell us they were getting married!!   
First glimpse of the bride and groom on the balcony


Scott and Emma after the ceremony
Scott making Grandpa Chuck's crepes for everyone
They had a beautiful, intimate ceremony in front of a fireplace in a huge house on a hill in Utah.  We felt so honored to be there and witness the love and commitment they have for each other as they exchanged their vows.  We are so lucky to have added such a sweet new daughter in law to the family!


We also got to attend granddaugther, London's birthday party.  She is four today!!  She had her party a little early because they are actually celebrating her birthday in Disneyland...lucky girl!
She had  "Heart Party"  and they played pin the arrow on the heart and had heart decorated cupcakes and ice cream.  They also did a little treasure hunt.  She had 4 or 5 friends over to help her celebrate.  She was so cute because almost every time she opened a present, she would say with much feeling  "That's JUST what I've wanted!"


At the end of the party she got a special phone call from Sleeping Beauty ( my sis in law, Donna) who called to surprise her with the news that she was coming to Disneyland the very next morning!  I LOVE surprises!


London getting a phone call from the Disney Princess!
The last day in the states Mike went snowmobiling and I went over to Codi's and made melting snowman cookies with Palmer, Ellie and Dallin.  We had lots of fun!




Travis spent his week hanging out with his old buddies and LOVIN' every minute, except  when he had a little mishap skiing at Bogus and landed funny on his shoulder.  He was still pretty sore the next day, so we took him in and got an X-ray.  Can you believe he broke his collar bone!!?  So poor guy...no skiing for 4-6 weeks.  He's so bummed!
Nick, Jake and Travis having crepes


And I will just add a few of my 365project.com photos from the last week:


Travis...old blue and new blue
Eagle Sunset
Wedding Roses
Well I just got home an hour or so ago, I'm running on about 3 hours total sleep since Sunday morning and the room is spinning.  I just had to get this blog done but now I'd LOVE to go take a short nap!


love and miss you all,

corri

No comments:

Post a Comment