It was really fun. Everyone brought something that they had crafted, baked, or if not they "faked" it by bringing something bought. Then we had a silent auction on all the items. We had about 100 things brought in. I took a new recipe called Lindor Truffle Cupcakes...each cupcake had a truffle in the middle. Here's a picture before I frosted them. I put them on a little crystal tray that I'd picked up for 3 euro at the flea market. It was a hit and went for around 40 dollars.
The other thing I took was another flea market find..an old rattan picnic basket that I filled with flowers and gardening stuff. That one got put up on the raffle table. I tried to win it back without any luck :)
On Friday, Olaf showed up after almost 5 months of "fixing" my clockworks for the antique german grandfather clock I bought last summer. I was SO excited to get it all put back together and to start hearing the tick-tock and the wonderful gongs on the hour. The sad thing is after he spent nearly an hour getting it going, first of all it would gong three times at two o'clock and then after a few hours get itself back on schedule, but second of all it's doing the same thing it used to do. It just stops at 12:45 every night. I'm so sad and disappointed. Olaf is still working at it but we may have to actually pay some money and get a real clock restorer to take a look at it. I will keep you updated.
To finish of the week, Susan and her daughter, Allie and I drove up to Cuijk, Netherland to go to the big flea market up there. We had a great trip and found a few treasures. Nothing too big or wonderful, but still fun stuff.
I bought an old french folding wood bench. It's really cute and I rearranged the guest room just so it could fit in there. I also got a wood shelf for 5 euro and of course I bought some great dutch bread that I always get when I make the trip up there. It makes the best toast!!
Susan found an antiqe wall clock (that makes about six of them for her), a painting of an old dutch lady, and a cute little bedside table. Allie found an english style riding helmet and a little toy barking dog that she loved. It's always such a good time hanging out with the Crandalls.
| Yummy Poffertjes-little puffy pancakes at the flea market! |
Mike has been sick and not only that but working almost around the clock. Night shifts, twelve hour shifts etc, etc..
He's not had a very fun week. Poor guy.
Travis has realized that he will be sixteen in time to take a date to the prom. I can't believe we are just 6 weeks away from his big 16th birthday....yikes, where had the time gone!!
That's all for this week, folks. Short and sweet and a little sassy....that's me!
love and miss you all,
corri

No comments:
Post a Comment