| Randi, Elena, and Otto |
Elena got us "owner" passes and we were so excited. We thought they would get us ringside seats, entrance to all the best sights, and a nice buffet dinner. Well, not really but we felt pretty important anyway.
| Elena and "our horse", Haruzac. |
After a few hours it was time to head back to Frankfurt so we could drop Otto off at his hotel so he could pilot his 747 back to California and then Randi would come stay with us for a few days until Otto had another trip back and then Randi would fly home with him. It was a long day for all of us, but we had a great time!!
On Monday, we went castle shopping. This means that Mike was looking for a castle that would let him have a campout there with his scout troop.
We went to Altdahn Castle near Dahn. I've blogged about this one before. It's a group of three castle ruins that belonged to a family of knights and each generation built another castle next door.
Alas, (that's a castle type word) when Mike asked about camping, he was told "Nein". So we went in search of another castle and that one wasn't even accessible, so while we had a great time castle hunting, we basically struck out.
The next day Randi and I did a little shopping over in Forbach, France and then on Wednesday, we went to my monthly Ramstein Officer's Spouses Club event. This month's theme was Oktoberfest! German attire was optional and I got very brave and ordered a Dirndl from German ebay. Pretty amazing considering it's all in German and I had to order it all by measurements. I was actually quite surprised when it arrived within four days AND it fit!! Randi didn't have a Dirndl, so she said she'd just go as a stern, German Tante (Aunt).
![]() |
| Missy and Tante Randi |
![]() |
| Me and my friend, Missy |
And finally this week and if you're wondering what X marks the spot has to do with anything...take a look at my dear husband's forehead. OUCH!
He went to the skin doctor to have a cancerous spot removed and the story goes like this...
Dr: We're going to have to dig it out.
Mike: I don't want a shot
Dr. It's going to hurt
Mike: I don't want a shot
Dr: Okay....how is your pain on a scale of 1-10?
Mike: I'm a fighter pilot, it's a 1...as he squirms and tears leak out of his eyes.
Dr: Night, night!
| My pain level is a "1" |
love and miss you all,
-corri






First of all, your Dirndl is adorable. You decided not to go long? It's so cute. Did you already have those shoes or did you buy them too? And is Missy 'awailable'?
ReplyDeleteSecondly, ow, ow, ow! That was some zit on Mike's forehead.
"awailable" Hahahahahahaha!
ReplyDeleteCorri, thanks so much for your lovely comment on my page. It's always nice for me to get to know another reader! I love Germany as you probably know. I lived in Baden Baden as a girl and then the Toddster was there twice with the army and then once as a farm hand. We have been there on holidays three times over the past 11 years. it is our favourite place to visit, although I have not been in the Frankfurt area yet, just the Black Forest and the Moselle Valley. We had an elder here not too long ago from Frankfurt. He finished his mission here. His name was Elder Michael D Jager. He was a fine lad. We really were fond of him. Your husband's forehead looks sore but beats the alternative! Hope it heals well. xxoo
ReplyDeleteDad that is quite the Haircut did you get out of the Airforce and Join the Marines? Hooyahh
ReplyDeleteScott