Monday, March 5, 2012

Service Fair

This week was our Stake Relief Society Service Fair!  It was a lot of work to get it all ready, but it was so worth it!  It had been in the planning stages since December and the day finally arrived.  We had eleven different organizations represented in booths all around the cultural hall. 

The food table!
Lemonade, Popcorn, Cupcakes and Apples

Sis. McGrath gave a talk on how to serve each other and Sis. Campbell gave a talk on serving in our communities.  They both did such a great job!!  Then the ladies could just wander from booth to booth getting ideas and information on ways to serve from volunteering to collecting needed items, to sponsoring a needy child. 






Getting great ideas and information

They also had an opportunity to actually help out by filling angel bags for patients at LRMC  (Landstuhl Regional Medical Center). There was also plenty of time to visit and eat some yummy fair type snacks.  I hope they were inspired to go home to their families and wards and get busy serving!!   I know I did!

After cleaning up the church, we were invited to go to dinner with some couples from the ward.  It was a loud, funny, crazy, yummy evening with some great people!  Thank goodness we had our own separate room upstairs...even then I think we were driving customers away with all the belly laughs and loud voices floating down into the main dining room!
Both Sharma and Bishop needed their hands to talk and Rob is saying "It's so loud in here, I think I've gone deaf!"


Cherringtons

My Spaghetti Carbonara mit Apfelschörle



Weather and Ag report (for my dad):  We had a nice little taste of spring like weather, I almost got my bike out it was so nice!  But yesterday, it turned cooler and cloudy again.  Mid forties, overcast with very light showers.  Seems to be the trend for the week.  



The early bulbs are up and reaching for the occasional moments of sunshine.  The fields are greening up, too.  My neighbor has a flowering weeping willow that is trying to bloom.  The little birds, of which we have so many around our house, are busy chirping, singing and beginning to build their nests. I love watching for the signs of the world waking up again after winter!  It really gives me a boost of energy and a sense of renewal.  Here's wishing you all the  feelings of hope and rebirth that Springtime brings!


love and miss you all,
-corri

1 comment:

  1. You know what I'm going to say, right? Forty degrees is not too cold to ride your bike. Larry and I rode a couple of weeks ago and it was only 35. OK, we were bundled and riding up a mountain so we weren't cold but you know me. I'm going to 'encourage' you whenever possible.

    ReplyDelete