Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes..




Here I go again...my life is such a dream!    Well, not all the time but there are definitely moments and days where it's really true.  

The kids had a four day weekend this week from school.  Mike decided to take Travis out of school on Friday (because dad's can do this when they need a ski buddy) and head down to Austria for a two day, two night ski trip.  They tried to get some other ski nuts to go with them, but alas...no one else was up for the trip (or willing to take their kids out of school) so off the two of them went.  They had a fantastic time at a new resort about an hour south of Munich.  They also made some great memories.  I'm so grateful they both enjoy doing something together and make time to do it...even if it means taking a day off from school.
Yeti
Travis got a face full of snow when he jumped from a packed run into deep powder and the skis came to an abrupt stop but he kept going....


A map of the resort trails...I think it would take a month to ski every trail!

They had a yummy Bavarian dinner at this Gasthaus.  Travis said it was the best Schnitzel he's ever had!
Free wifi + die best Schnitzel- heaven!

Mike found woody bear's papa!!



Paragliders at the resort. Mike had to take a picture for Cade!

 The boys got home late Saturday night.  Sunday was a full day at church for me.  I attended the Kaiserslautern Military Ward Conference and we started with a special ward council meeting at 7:00 a.m., then church at 10:00 and I taught the lesson in relief society.  Then I ran home and picked up the boys and went back to the church to attend our ward.  Yesiree...8 hours of church in one day!  


On Monday, we woke up at 5:00 a.m to get up and out of the door and on our way to one of the three happiest places on earth...Disneyland Paris!!!
Travis and Shelby
Disneyland Paris is only about three and a half hours away.  We met up with three other families and our timing was perfect...we all ran into each other either in the line coming into the park or on Main Street!




Patrick, Derek and Mike

McGraths on Main Street


Thunder Mountain Railroad goes under this frozen lagoon and out to the island...cool!

The Sampsons


Hunters
Mike, me, Travis, Shelby and Derek Sampson
The teens all took off together and the parents and some of the other kids split into a couple of groups.  We hung out with the Hunters all day and had so much fun with them!  We talked Tricia into going on Tower of Terror...I think she like it and was so happy she did it!!

It was a dream day but I was a little sad that I was at Disney and I never saw Travis again once we split up.  I guess he's just too old to enjoy Disney with his old fogie parents anymore!   

Our family had planned on leaving the park at six so we could get home by ten because Mike had work early the next day. .and had predetermined a meeting place to meet up with Travis and Shelby.  We were there..they weren't.  I'll just say we didn't get home until midnight and leave the rest to your imagination...

I'm glad to say I've now been to Disney Paris, but I still love Disney World the best and Disneyland a close second.  

love and miss you all,
-corri

1 comment:

  1. Wow Travis is getting big. But what I want to know is: who's the hot chick he's with:)
    Gary J.

    ReplyDelete