Monday, August 24, 2009

Junk Wars

Oh my goodness! Where did we get all this junk?

We found out last week when Mike's orders finally came through that we will be leaving sooner than we thought. Packers and movers will be here starting September 9th. We will be leaving on or around September 21st!!! No, I am not in total panic mode yet...but I am madly sorting through everything from closets to pantries to under the beds- YIKES!

They do three shipments:
1. Unaccompanied Baggage-We are allowed about 1,000 pounds of essential things that will arrive in Germany first. It comes by air and is to include things we need to set up house.
2. Household Goods- This is our shipment with furniture, rugs, bikes, the rest of the kitchen stuff etc.etc. It comes by boat and will take about 2 months to arrive.
3. Storage- This is everything we don't want or need to take to Germany. Once packed, we won't lay eyes on it again for two or three years!
This explains why I am madly sorting through our things and putting them into different areas of the house. My mantra for the next few weeks is "I CAN DO THIS!"

Travis starts high school on Monday. He will only go about 3 weeks before moving day. We are trying to get him switched from Spanish to German, but the counselor wasn't very helpful.

Next blog entry will probably be either enroute or from Germany. I still can't believe this is happening...that is until I look at all those piles of junk!

-corri