Sunday, May 27, 2012

How in the world??

 This is my baby.  He's went to prom this week.  How in the world did he get big enough or old enough to go to prom??
A princess on each arm...Lauren, Travis and Shelby
A flower for Travis
A corsage for Shelby
Best Friends

Travis has had a special girl in his life for about a year now.  Her name is Shelby and she's sweet, funny and very pretty.  They make a cute couple but he's still my baby and how in the world did he get so big and so old...oh, I said that already.  
They had a really fun prom.  How many kids get to spend their prom cruising on a river boat on the Rhine river?  They took buses from the high school to the pier and then boarded the river boat.  Afterwards the buses brought them back to the school.   Did I mention he's really looking handsome and she's looking stunning and he really just finished kindergarten a year or two ago???
Hi Mom!
 This is my second son.  He's a very accomplished skydiver and yoga teacher.  How in the world did he get so big (about 6"3") and so old (he just celebrated his 29th birthday).  He came to visit us for a few days before he starts working for two months all over Europe.  
no comment

 How in the world did I let him talk me into THIS?!?!   He's trying to stretch out a sore muscle I had in my back. At least that was the story he told me.  I think he just wanted to make me laugh until I cried...literally.  



 Scott and Travis had some fun doing a little acro yoga.  Travis was laughing until he cried, too...just so you know.


 That night we took Scott up to one of our favorite places for dinner.  The restaurant next to the church on the hill in Remigiusberg.  It was a perfect night for a dinner out on the terrace.


The trail up to the restaurant


My handsome boys..

 The next day we went to Stuttgart to see the Mercedes Car Museum. 

On Thursday, Mike had to work until quite late so we had to scrap our plans to go see Vianden Castle in Luxembourg and just run up to the Lichtenburg Castle ruins near Kusel.  I have to admit, I've never been to that one.  My friend, Karma would always take her visitors there first thing but for some reason it never seemed that cool of a place.  How in the world could I have been so wrong?  We loved it!!  It was really fun to wander all around this place and it was a perfect place to take some photos of my two babies..er I mean my two big boys.
Did I mention they were just in Kindergarten last year??


King of the castle




There was a little skinny ledge running along this long rock wall.  Of course they had to see if they could make it across without falling.




Some kids playing Füssball.




At the top of the watch tower



The next day Scott took the mini cooper and drove to Oppenau, Germany to work at an Air Festival there.  He'll be back for a couple of nights tomorrow and then he's off to work in Spain.

A last group hug the night before Shelby left
Yesterday was not such a fun day.  Shelby and her mom, Sandy moved back to the states.  We met them for lunch and then took them to the airport...sniff!   Travis and Shelby handled themselves like real troopers even though it was so hard to say good-bye.  We will miss them both so much. 

Sandy and Shelby
Our turn for leaving is coming soon.  The packers will be here a week from tomorrow.
love and miss you all,
corri



No comments:

Post a Comment