Sunday, January 10, 2010

How 'bout those Broncos!?!!




Bronco Nation is alive and kickin' over here in Ramstein!! 


  The good news:  the Fiesta Bowl was on live on our very limited AFN  (Armed Forces Network) which is the only TV we get over here.
  
The bad news:  it was on at 2:15 a.m.!
That little fact did not even phase the true Bronco fan...Yes I set my alarm and got up in the middle of  the night to watch the Broncos kick some froggy hiney and WIN!  It was so worth it!
I kept telling myself it was worth it as I left the house at 6:20 a.m. It was 9 degrees outside when I took Travis in to seminary, then I kept telling myself it was worth it when,  instead of going to back to bed, I had to dye my hair and I even kept telling myself it was worth it when Karma convinced me to "just try" the sculpt and tone exercise class at the gym.   I was so tired, it almost felt like the day we arrived here in Germany. 
This is a picture of the puzzle Donna sent me for Christmas.  We didn't quite get it finished by then end of the game, but it was lots of fun..Thanks, Donna!



Not a lot has been happening this week.  I spent my days driving Travis around: seminary, scouts, movies, library, church and friends' houses.  I also had fun at the gym and shopping with Karma.  We went to Globus, which is like a Super Walmart.  I LOVE going up and down each and every aisle and trying to figure out what all the strangely packed items are.  One of my favorites was a big tube of ketchup and mayo.  I think it must be like fry sauce.  I will buy it next time I go, just to see if I'm right.We also had to refuel our sculpted and toned bodies with the standard fast food here in Germany...Bratwurst mit pommes.  They usually serve the pommes with mayo instead of ketchup.  I've come to like it either way.

The weather report for this week:
Cold and Snow.  Of course it waits for Mike to be gone for the weather to turn nasty.   We have had a few inches...enough to require shoveling the driveway.  More is supposedly on the way for tomorrow.  So far the mini is doing pretty well on the sometimes slick roads.  It really does look pretty when everything is covered in white.  The trees look like they have been dusted with powdered sugar.  Temperatures have not been above freezing all week, but I think they will be creeping up to a balmy 32 or so this week.




Well that is about it for this exciting week.  Travis and I are missing Mike a lot.  Thank goodness for great friends! They have made it their mission to keep us so busy we won't notice he is gone.  It's not working...but please keep trying, maybe it will work next week :)


love and miss you all!
-corri



1 comment:

  1. bwahahahaha!!! I didn't even think about how we undid the good of exercise class by eating those brats and Pommes Frites!

    ReplyDelete