Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Busy Busy Busy


Not much time for a blog this week and my mom just reminded me that I'm a day or two late.  
Here's a few photos to let you know what we've been up to...


Karen's daughter, Karen, Missy, Charlotte and Becky
I went to a going away lunch for my friend Karen who is moving to Turkey for a couple of years. 
I had really yummy grilled chicken salad... 


We spent Memorial Weekend in town but it was still pretty fun.  On Saturday Mike and I went to a couple of flea markets.  We didn't find any big treasures but I did get two smaller old windows and a small print in a nice wood frame for the guest room.
Then on our way home we stopped in Frankenstein....yes there really is a Frankenstein Germany and it has an old castle ruin that many say was the inspiration for the original dracula book. 

It was a little hike up a lot of switchbacks, through a forest to get up to it, but it was worth it.  We never saw another soul anywhere around there, so it was a bit creepy.  We wandered around Frankenstein's Castle all by ourselves just waiting for a vampire to pop out of a dark corner.  


They do actually have a haunted house here in October.



On monday, we went golfing.  It was SO HOT!  We only did nine holes, but we walked and did I say it was hot?   We golfed with one of Trav's friends from school who is on the golf team and graduating this year.  He was pretty good!
Normandy
So that's it for our busy week.  Of course I didn't bore you with all the mundane busy stuff that really fills our week. 


love and miss you all,
-corri

No comments:

Post a Comment