We are just counting down the days until he arrives back here in Germany and we can pick up where we left off..traveling, exploring and oh yeah..working.
Travis and I have spent this week just hanging out and having a LOST marathon. We got the entire series on DVD for Christmas and started from the beginning. It's been fun.
On New Years Eve, we went to the church for what they call "Plugged, Unplugged" where they spend the evening having performances by the youth in the stake. They have a host/DJ and some great acts. The talent of the youth here is amazing!
| Emily and Sam singing at Plugged, Unplugged |
After that we swung by the house to pick up some treats and then went to our friends, the Jaster's for a big party. They had about seven families over for food, fun and fireworks....or "firewows" as Kailey calls them.
| Melting snowman cookies I made for the party |
I LOVE fireworks here in Germany! I love that I don't have to worry that we're lighting off illegal fireworks. Those of you who have spent many fourth of Julys with me...know how much that is true! I have been known to go hide in the house when those fireworks that were bought in some secret back room are being lit :) No worries here...they sell big bottle rockets and roman candles right in your friendly local grocery store and then the pay off is that the sky is full of them on New Years Eve. Every direction you look up into the sky, it is filled with sparkles and the boom, boom sound of firewows!
It was a great time and one we will always remember. Jasters are leaving for Illinois at the end of the month. We are so sad to have to say goodbye for now.
| They would drop M-80's into the sewer and then stand on the cover and wait for the "boom!". |
| Bottle Rockets lined up and ready for launch |
I am always a bit sad to say good-bye to the Christmas season but I'm always in a hurry to take down the decoration and give the house a good cleaning. This year I really intended to leave the tree up until Mike got back. But I found myself each day saying "well I think I will just put "this" away" and soon all that was left was Santa's village and the tree. It finally got the best of me today...I just couldn't take it! I took it down and now as I look over in that corner, it looks a little sad and bare.
| Our village Christmas tree...so pretty! |
So until next Christmas...may your new year be all that you hope it to be. May your year be filled with more smiles, more fun times, and more love...
And to all of you who have been a part of our year.....thanks for the memories!
love and miss you all,
-corri


No comments:
Post a Comment