I started the week off with a big surprise from my sweet husband...
He brought a big box home from the post office and I just thought it was for him because, believe me...I know EVERY thing I've ordered and I wait with great anticipation, checking off the days on my calendar until it finally arrives. It's one of our little pleasures here...getting packages in at the post office.
Anyway, the package just sat on the table until Travis said..."Mom, this is for you!"
I started opening and soon realized it was......my dream camera!! A new little Nikon D-3100. I could've fainted.
I was pretty excited about it because we had a big event coming up and now I couldn't wait to have some fun taking lots of pictures
What was the big event, you ask??
| Arriving at the Frankfurt airport |
Daughter, Codi and grandson, Palmer came for a week long visit! They arrived on Thursday morning and looked fantastic after their long and uneventful flight.
| Palmer in front of Toys R Us |
After we picked them up at the Frankfurt Airport, we had to stop at Kaiserslautern to run a few errands.
Then we came home so they could rest up a bit.
We took a weekend trip to Garmisch, Germany to stay at the Edelweiss Lodge. It's a very nice hotel that is for military personnel and their families. It's in the Bavarian Alps and is located right at the bottom of Zügspitze, the tallest mountain in Germany. We have been here before and really love this area.
| The Lobby |
| Codi and Mike looking at the ski runs. |
We had a good dinner in at Zuggy's in the hotel and Palmer and Travis played in the game arcade. Palmer even won at the claw game!
| Skiing at Garmisch Classic |
That night we went to the old town area of Garmisch and had a really authentic Bavarian dinner at a cute Gasthaus that even had music and slap dancers!
| The restaurant |
The next day the weather cleared and we could see the sun was going to be out, so we all bundled up, grabbed the ski gear and headed to Zügspitze. There is a ski resort at the top of the mountain on a huge glacier. To get up there, we took a 15 minute tram ride that goes almost vertical up to the peak. The we took another short tram ride part way down the back side where the skiing is. Palmer and I hung out and played games and read while Mike, T.J. and Codi skied for a couple of hours. Then we had a nice lunch in the lodge, jumped back on the tram and headed down. It was so beautiful up there..no words or photos can really describe the feeling of standing on top of the world!
| getting on the tram |
| Brrr! It was cold up there! |
| Ready to ski |
| Palmer overlooking the Bavarian Alps |
| Blue skies and colorful skis |
| The gold marker marks the highest point in Gemany |
| On top of Zügspitze |


No comments:
Post a Comment