Monday, January 31, 2011

January is just cold!

We spent the last few days of Codi and Palmer's visit trying to ignore the rainy, snowy, cold weather and see some more of Germany.

Codi and Palmer at Heidelberg Castle
Codi and me all bundled up on the hike up to the castle tower at Idar-Obestetein


Family photo near Schloss Oberstein
 They left early on Thursday and we were very sad to see them go.  A week visit is always better than NO visit, but it goes by in the blink of an eye!


On Friday, Mike and Travis went on a scout campout to the Hürtgen Forest, where there is a lot of WWII historical sites.  Have I mentioned how cold it is in Germany in January?!  All 27 boys and leaders slept in an old barn.  Not to cozy, I think.
 The next day they got up early and went with a German guide who told them all about the battle that took place, and the history of the area from the German's point of view.  The guys said it was really interesting.
Travis on one of the "Dragon Teeth" which were put in place as barricades.

A bunker

They also went into a medical bunker that now has a modern house built on top of it.

Happy Mike...campout is over and he can get in a hot shower!

I have been busy playing with and trying to figure out my new camera.  It's really fun!   I started this project called the 365 Project and have to take and then upload at least one photo a day.  
Self portrai

My vilage...Spesbach

The trail behind my house that I walk and bike on.

One of my photos for the 365 project

Sunny Fence Post...another project photo
 So that's what we've been up to this cold last week of January.  I'm looking forward to February...March...and Spring!   How about you??


love and miss you all,
-corri

No comments:

Post a Comment