I have a friend here who is a professional photographer. She gave me a great idea for this week's blog when she posted her 'best" or "most memorable" photos of 2010. I am NOT a professional photographer, I only play one in my imagination. This past year I have been known to make people stop the car to get my perfect shot. I have been known to stop bike rides to get my perfect shot. (Okay, that was just a ploy because really I needed to rest my backside *ahem*.....) I have been known to get in weird positions trying to get the right angle for my perfect shot. I have been known to play with the menu on my trusty point and shoot camera pushing random and multiple buttons for my perfect shot. I am a legend in my own mind..fer sure!
As I looked through this years many, many photos, I realized I didn't have a perfect shot. Reality sorta stinks but it also motivates and this year I am motivated to become better at this hobby of mine.
In the meantime and since I took absolutely zero photos this week....drum roll please...
Best Photos of 2010: remember to click on the photo to make it bigger and better.
I couldn' t believe the colors of this sunset outside of my kitchen window.
Just a good photo of Mike and Travis and I love the dark and light contrast
Such a good photo of my handsome hubby on Omaha Beach...when did his hair get so white??
| This is at the abby on Mont St Michele..aren't the gothic arches impressive? |
Wow! The colors!! Not just the flowers but the windows, too.
Oh my goodness...one of my favorite photos ever...it tells a story. This is just outside of Amsterdam in a little village called Edam.
Classic windmill photo but something about the clouds, the waving grass and the splash of red on the windmill really connects with me.
I love this one...can you tell they're brothers? They don't even realize they are standing exactly the same way.. mirror images right down to the hands in the pockets.
Granddaughter London and a hydrangea about as big as she is. Such a cutie!
Sunshine and flowers...this just makes me happy. Rothenburg.
The girlfriends came to visit and this was such a funny shot. So touristy!
My parents walking down a path at the Memorial Cemetery in Normandy. So dang cute!
| This one just captures the feeling of the moment so well. It's my niece, Karissa. |
So there you have my top shots of 2010. In a way it was hard to narrow them down to only these but on the other hand almost every photo I took this year had issues....too blurry, too far away, too dark, too light, someone blinked, etc, etc...
I have a file of my twenty five favorite photos taken since I have owned a digital camera. That goes back to around 2003. I may add those tomorrow. So if you aren't completely bored by today's post, then come back for a little more tomorrow. If you ARE bored then just come back next week when we will have some exciting welcome home photos to post of Mike.
I will leave you with my five new years resolutions...if I write them down here for everyone to see, maybe I'll actually feel more compelled to accomplish them. Hey! Every little bit helps.
1. Get healthier...more hiking, biking and a Tai Chi class
2. Be kinder
3. Learn a new skill...I'm thinking maybe how to use an SLR camera..hint, hint
4. Express my gratitude everyday for the blessings of faith, family and friends
5. Always keep an eternal perspective.
love and miss you all,
-corri

Great pictures Corri. I'm honored I made it into your favorite shots! You're a much better photographer than you think by the way. And I think you should add learning German to your resolutions. I am really missing that language if you can believe it. I am seriously considering taking a class at a community college that is close by. We'll see. Missing you so much. And I'm so happy for you that Mike is coming home!
ReplyDeleteThanks Karms...miss you too!
ReplyDeleteHi Corri,
ReplyDeleteFound your blog through your comment posted on Ree's blog! I must say....your photos are beautiful! You don't give yourself enough credit. I love the one in Amsterdam & the flower wagon.
Denise @ Creative Kitchen
Thanks for stopping by and the kind words, Denise. You are welcome here anytime!
ReplyDelete